Epitome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epitome

- an eTO Fantasia guild -

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt

Go down 
+3
Kn1ght
PilotRaccoon
Losti
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

If there was a guild scavenger hunt, would you participate?
Yes
UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Vote_lcap87%UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Vote_rcap
 87% [ 13 ]
No
UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Vote_lcap13%UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 am

Soo, I've thought about it and I've done some major thinking about the scavenger hunt.

So, I've decided that to make things easy on me, there will only be FIVE participants in the scavenger hunt.
This is so everyone participating can be in a party with me, so I can see where they are, and they can see where I am.

Also, each person will have their own set of riddles!!
This way I can pick items in everyone's level range, and so each person will have to figure out their riddles and get the items themselves. ;D

There will probably be about 5-7 riddles for each person to solve for themselves, and whoever gets all their items first wins!!

It would work like this:
Everyone in the party (ie, the first 5 people who posted on the forums saying they wanted to participate. ;D) would be in Megalo, by the big statue.

I would then message all of them their first riddles.
Everyone would have to stay by the statue UNTIL I say go.
That means if someone started leaving after I gave them their first riddle, they would be disqualified.
When I say go (after I give everyone their riddles), you would be able to start figuring out your riddles and trying to get the item.

You would be able to help each other with riddles, but let's put it this way: Would you want to help someone you were competing against win a prize that could be yours? Yeah. I thought not.

Also, every person participating would HAVE to stay in the party throughout the entire thing! It makes it a million times easier that way. It just does. >>

When you think you have the item that is the answer to your current riddle, come find me (another reason to stay in the party, so you can see where I am!) and start a trade. Just put the item in the trade window, you don't have to give it to me, its just so I can see the item.
I'll then either tell you yes or no, if its a no, then you have to go try again.
If it is a yes, however, I'll then tell you your next riddle.

By the way, its suggested that you write down or memorize the riddles so you don't have to ask me over and over.
Because if you do, I'll just stop telling you.
xD:<

Here are the prizes:
1st - 1 million Galder + 15o Guild Points
2nd - 1ooo,ooo Galder + 1oo Guild Points
3rd - 5o,ooo Galder + 1oo Guild Points
4th - 1o,ooo Galder + 5o Guild Points
5th - 1,ooo Galder + 5o Guild Points

Yeah, those are the final details.
What do you all think?
: D

Participants!
1. Rayn_DragoonXIII
2. Mursame
3. xter95
4. Touyo
5. Kisa

Replacements (In case someone changes their mind)
1. LostiV2

Last edited by Keroscene on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:48 am

Great idea ^^ (especially since they'd have to check the forums, mwahaha)
I don't think I'd participate though, but that's just cause I'm too lazy xD (and some lower lvls need the reward more ;o)
Back to top Go down
https://epitome.forumieren.com

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:23 pm

I think you'd have to set a level limit on it, cuz a level ~70 dragon with mana storm will get an octo leg MUCH faster than any of our newr members.

Also, you'd have to outlaw the bank, on the chance that people already have the item. Hopefuly people will be honest about these sort of things X_x

On the topic of prize money, maybe we could start a guild fund? i kno I've got money to donate, along with some ults and EQs.
Back to top Go down
PilotRaccoon

PilotRaccoon

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm

no
, the higher the lvl are the more they have to get it like lvl 10 only has to get 1 or 2 while lvl 70 has to get 400 XD, i think i got some items from my char u can use as prize since i'm not on, sucs having vista....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:21 am

I definetly like the level ideas...
So maybe I could make level brackets, like higher levels would have to get more of the item or something.
I don't mind if someone already has the item though, its the figuing out the riddle part that'll be the "kicker".
They're gonna be hard. :B

And I love the idea of a guild fund.
Omg.
Maybe we could create a guild character to represent us, to hold the funds and stuff. :O
Back to top Go down
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Good idea, since (at least I oO) can suddenly use dualclient xD
Want me to make that char?
Only co-leaders would get the password though, so there's no abuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I can't believe I haven't noticed this post yet.
xD

And yes!!
It would be amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:59 am

I DIBS MAKING THE SYMPHONY CHAR AND ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 am

Sounds good.
Buut, let's get his thing back on topic.
xD

Does anyone have any ideas for this at all?
I really want to make it happen sometime.
:]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:31 am

I would do it, it'd be fun (i'd probably end up moderating it tho)

we'd have to make it all easy-to-get drops, wouldn't want any lower levels left out, or any high-levels having an advantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about making all of them common drops.
And it would be easy to make things harder for the higher levels, just make them get more of each item. Like, levels a-b have to get 1, c-d have to get 10, etc.

The problem is making it accessible to the lower levels in the guild.
It would be no problem to include items from Blooming Cora and Desert Beach, but from then on things might be hard for them to get because they can't fight certain monsters.
I mean, you could always say that you can loot, but let's face it, this might lead to camping of a more expensive item, which may or may not lead to fights and drama and frustration.
We don't want to cause any drama with any other users over a scavenger hunt.
x_x;;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Soo, I've thought about it and I've done some major thinking about the scavenger hunt.

So, I've decided that to make things easy on me, there will only be FIVE participants in the scavenger hunt.
This is so everyone participating can be in a party with me, so I can see where they are, and they can see where I am.

Also, each person will have their own set of riddles!!
This way I can pick items in everyone's level range, and so each person will have to figure out their riddles and get the items themselves. ;D

There will probably be about 5-7 riddles for each person to solve for themselves, and whoever gets all their items first wins!!

It would work like this:
Everyone in the party (ie, the first 5 people who posted on the forums saying they wanted to participate. ;D) would be in Megalo, by the big statue.

I would then message all of them their first riddles.
Everyone would have to stay by the statue UNTIL I say go.
That means if someone started leaving after I gave them their first riddle, they would be disqualified.
When I say go (after I give everyone their riddles), you would be able to start figuring out your riddles and trying to get the item.

You would be able to help each other with riddles, but let's put it this way: Would you want to help someone you were competing against win a prize that could be yours? Yeah. I thought not.

Also, every person participating would HAVE to stay in the party throughout the entire thing! It makes it a million times easier that way. It just does. >>

When you think you have the item that is the answer to your current riddle, come find me (another reason to stay in the party, so you can see where I am!) and start a trade. Just put the item in the trade window, you don't have to give it to me, its just so I can see the item.
I'll then either tell you yes or no, if its a no, then you have to go try again.
If it is a yes, however, I'll then tell you your next riddle.

By the way, its suggested that you write down or memorize the riddles so you don't have to ask me over and over.
Because if you do, I'll just stop telling you.
xD:<

Here are the prizes:
1st - 1 million Galder + 15o Guild Points
2nd - 1ooo,ooo Galder + 1oo Guild Points
3rd - 5o,ooo Galder + 1oo Guild Points
4th - 1o,ooo Galder + 5o Guild Points
5th - 1,ooo Galder + 5o Guild Points

Yeah, those are the final details.
What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Sign me up as a replacement if less than 5 people post.
I won't take the price though, just doing it for fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:19 am

I wanna join his scavenger hunt! I'll help out in watever way i can if needed
Back to top Go down
Kn1ght
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Kn1ght

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:17 am

Im in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/S1lverKn1ght

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Sick! I didn't think this place would be such a hit. x3

I edited the first post to show the final details as well as the people who signed up!

@ Rayn
Aww, thanks! But I think I've pretty much got it covered. :]
I just need to pick a few items that are in all your level ranges!
xD
Back to top Go down
FlashL1ght
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
FlashL1ght

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:35 pm

I wana play.

Sigh me up too. Razz
Back to top Go down
FlashL1ght
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
FlashL1ght

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm

I have 1 more question. Question

When does this event gonna start?

tell me please so i can make my schedule. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 pm

No idea actually...
I've got my play for the next two weeks, and I also want the other people to sign up before I start making riddles.
So its kind of up in the air right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:47 pm

yay i like the idea!!!! i wanna play =) il win too >_> muhahahaha

btw good idea im starting to get affectioned too this guild Razz
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Oh oh I wanna play X3
Steffeh just told me aboot this (I didn't notice D;)
And I wanna do this :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Scavenger hunt being postponed.
See most recent absence thread in absence forum.
Sorry all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Update!
Steff, I'm just going to put you under a contestant/ participant, since I don't think I'll get 5 people. xD

Soo... We just need one more person!
:]
Back to top Go down
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Uh... what about Touyo and Kisa then? o.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Omg I didn't even notice them.
xD;

Sorry guys, I'll fix it right away.
xDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt   UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPCOMING! Scavenger Hunt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next