Go down 
AuthorMessage
ultimaholder
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Tutorial - Card Battle   Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Yay Another Tutorial! This one is on one of my favorites, card battle Very Happy
I know when I mention card battle, a lot of people dont know how to play, so this tutorial is for you.

Took me forever to finish this, but here it is =]

Getting Started

You can obtain cards from Card Battles, Monsters, and Quests.
They are numbered from 1-15
1 is the lowest and 15 is the highest

You will need a minimum of 5 cards consisting of at least 3 types (Power, Charm, Sense, Magic, or Neutral)

Less than 2 cards of the same type are allowed, with the exception of Neutral cards, which you can only have 1 of in your hand

Less than 2 cards of the same number are allowed

Making a Card Battle Room

In order to Card Battle, you will need to either challenge someone, or have them challenge you. If you are challenged, you pick the rule and vice versa.

To create a room for people to challenge you, type the command /Card (your message goes here)

To challenge someone, right click on them and select Card Battle

Rules

There are two rules that you must be aware of, Cavalier's Rule and Giuvannie's Rule.

Cavalier's Rule is that High Numbered cards win in case of different types and Low Numbered cards win in case of same types which I will show you later on

Giuvannie's Rule is that Low Numbered cards win in case of different types and High Numbered cards win in case of same types

Choosing Your Cards

After you or your opponent has picked the rules, choose your five cards depending on the rule selected. The first 2 cards you select will be hidden from your opponent. You will be given 39 seconds to choose your cards before it randomly chooses for you.

There are 5 types of cards to choose from. Try to choose a different type of card than your opponent

Neutral cards are always good to use. Once you have selected your cards, a start button will appear, press it to begin

"If you are going to be a wall blocking my way...I'll drill a hole in you and blow you apart anytime!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultimaholder
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial - Card Battle   Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Starting the Card Battle

Now that you know the rules, you are ready to card battle with your opponent.

Winning a Match

A match is won when a player has won more rounds than the other player. In the case of a draw, a random card will be played to decide the winner.

To play a card, drag it onto the card slot or double click it. You will have 39 seconds to play a card before it randomly selects for you

Since it is Giuvannie's Rule, my different type Low Numbered card won. If you win all 4 rounds, you get a Perfect Win Combo

At the end of each match, you will gain exp and may also receive a random card

Advanced Card Battle - Neutral Cards

If you can use Neutral cards correctly, you will have a better advantage in a card battle against someone of the same level

Since it is Cavalier's Rule, my same type High Numbered card lost. You have to try to predict when your opponent is going to use a Neutral card

When you are losing the match, and haven't played your Neutral card yet, you can click the chance button to use your Neutral card as a chance to win the round. You should be positive that your Neutral card will win before clicking the button. If your opponent doesn't have any Neutral cards in their hand, but they still have two face down cards, it may be a good idea to wait a bit

If you win the round, your opponent loses 1 win while you gain 1 win. If you lost the chance, your card will be lost and the opponent will win it. If you won the chance but lost the match, you will still lose your card. When you use Chance, a box will appear indicating that you are using chance, so its best if you wait for your opponent to place a card first

Advanced Card Battle - Special Cards

There are many Special cards that create a combo when you play the cards together. Card Combos give you more exp than normal and consist of 2 or more cards. If you try to play 2 combos in one hand, only the most recent one will be special.

When you complete a combo, a black box will appear telling you so. You can find several combos on your own=P

When the Match begins, a box appears showing your opponent your combo, its wise if you dont choose your combo cards as the first 2 hidden cards.

A special set :O

When you lose the match with a special set, you lose one of the special cards

If you win with a special set, you get special items! You can get Jewelry Cases, Elixir Extracts, or Equipment Jewelry Cases

Once you are finished, click the exit button and wait for the match to end.

"If you are going to be a wall blocking my way...I'll drill a hole in you and blow you apart anytime!"

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kn1ght
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial - Card Battle   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:22 am

O.O nice tutorial Ray. This will help out alot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/S1lverKn1ght

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial - Card Battle   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 am

Wow ray, this is really good! It may have taken 10 minutes to load all the massive pictures but it was worth reading

A+ and appluase! when the patch goes live im gonna card battle you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial - Card Battle   Sat May 03, 2008 7:58 pm

thx i didnt know that harpy combo
Back to top Go down
alexblue4

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial - Card Battle   Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:51 pm

I had no Idea there were combos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content