Epitome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epitome

- an eTO Fantasia guild -

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Empty
PostSubject: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:35 pm

Ok, I wanted to do this in the Mod section only at first.
But maybe I can knock some sense into people, if they'd actually READ the freaking forums. And get this off my chest too, since it's been bothering me for a while.

The forums are exactly the topic of this rant, btw. (It'll be ignored anyway, not counting the people who check the forums regularly. Thanks guys, I know why I chose you as co-leaders.)

So, as you know, I haven't been on much lately. One reason would be that I simply got bored of the game itself (not much to do except grinding on my lvl...). Another reason is that some things in the guild tend to piss me off, which I wanted to avoid.

If you're really asking yourself what, you need a reality check.
The biggest factor would be the almost complete ignorance of the EXISTENCE OF FORUMS. I made them for a reason; and that is that you guys USE them. You don't have to spam or anything, but READ them and know what's going on here.

In connection to that, the guild pulic notices are also there TO BE READ, FFS. As a nice example for that, take the guy I kicked yesterday: He joined on the 8th and on the 21st he STILL DIDN'T KNOW THERE ARE FORUMS. I gotta admit he was a jerk - which is why he got kicked - but like none of the new members check the notices till we tell them to. I repeat, THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON.
Oh, I'm also quite disappointed in everyone who talked to that guy and didn't even think about telling him to MAYBE check the notices cause he'd get kicked a week after joining if he didn't register. It's not just co-leaders who are supposed to help new members, you know. (I'm assuming he talked since he had a 400+ score. If you didn't get a chance to tell him, ignore this.)

This is the one that bothers me the most right now: the vote concerning the Teamspeak server.
It's all nice if you go and vote Yes cause I say you should vote, but that doesn't help me get a clear result so I know how many people GOT A MIC and WANT TO USE TS. Same goes for asking me what TS is AFTER you voted (Sorry for using this as an example, don't take it personally. Same goes for ANY post really. You're supposed to actually READ them).

Oh, and for everyone who doesn't get WHY we want everyone to register on the forums: it shows us you care enough about this guild to do something for us outside the game itself. Something that only takes 5 minutes to do, too. So can you guess now why we made the "1 week to register or you get kicked" rule?

I think that's it for now; I'll edit later if I forgot anything.
Feel free to reply with your own opinion on this.

If anyone actually reads it, that is. Next to the people of who I KNOW they will, eventually.

Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
https://epitome.forumieren.com

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:55 pm

I'd have to say that I agree with you on all your points.
I am to blame with some of the stuff, such my inactivity on the forums recently, and the thing with BlaiznAzn. I never said anything to him because I assumed someone had already told him, and I didn't bother looking at his join date. My hiatus is part of the problem there, but not all. So, I'd like to apologize for that. Sorry Stephanie.

Aside from that, we do need to combat the forum inactivity. I'll help by posting some pics from the play when I can and advertizing them. Maybe we could also have a little topic just for forum games, I know a few fun ones that I'd love to start.

We've really got to start getting on people about posting here every now and then.

Aside from that, I'm sure everything will end up being ok.
Thanks for letting us all know your frustrations Steff.
:]
Back to top Go down
Losti
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Losti

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Eh, I don't really blame you or Kevin for anything, since you weren't active at that time either =/ (goes for everyone else who wasn't there, too)
Just thought I'd mention that.

Go ahead with the forum games as long as they don't end in spam, lol xD
Back to top Go down
https://epitome.forumieren.com

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:14 pm

>_> Personally I didn't even hear of anyone like that being kicked out of the guild O_O;. I'm on like 24/7 selling/lvling and in the past couple of weeks it has been quiet...very quiet.
Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I just think that the guild has gotten very inactive over the past few weeks. You guys only came back now and it's starting to get somewhat lively again, but as soon as you leave it becomes a tad deader ^_^;;;;.
We shoud recruit a few more VERY active people, people that will be on like Mur and Yukki. That way even if you guys do leave for a bit, there won't be as much silence >.>;.
On the subject of the forum thing, I think it should be mentioned only to people who seem like they fit in with the guild. Like we should give ppl a test run for 2 weeks or so, and if they behave inactively then we can kick them, and if they start to fit in then we tell them to register for the forums.
If you press commitment too soon, they won't do it, but if you give them a while to feel comfortable and like the guild quite a bit, then they will commit Surprised (like me lol).

Just a thought >.>;;.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm

X_x

Sorry steff...I haven't been on much lately....now feel bad...

i've always thought that we should hand pick new members, like, actually sit them down and ask if they will be active and if they will care to read our forums. I remeber a while back (when you were on your anti-tricky phase), sophie and I were offered positions in lithium. what they did was they created a Mycamp and actually had 2 guild memebers inside and a neat little desk and cool trinkets. One of the members was an adamin and he asked us both a few basic questions (how long have you een playing, how active are you...etc).

I really think that might help if at least 2 people could recruit. and I already set my mycamp up to be like an office for recuriting.....its never been used...even though I'vve tried to get you guys to help me.....X_x;;

and btw, I voted yes for TS, and I have a mic (it just refuses to behave and use the damn voice-detect). I'll probably get one for sophie sooner or later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 pm

I'd be more than happy to help you out recruiting, Kevin.
We can wear my Strawberry hats, since I know how much you love them. :3

And that's sweet of you to get me a mic.
Thanks a bunch, lovely.
x3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 4:51 pm

I HATE STRWBERRY HATS!

Ugh, and its so hard to get active people like me and sophie...especially when even we come and go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.   Bitching ahead, prepare yourself. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bitching ahead, prepare yourself.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epitome :: Off-Topic :: Other Stuff-
Jump to: