Epitome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epitome

- an eTO Fantasia guild -

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Go down 
AuthorMessage

R.I.P. Gary Gygax Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Gary Gygax   R.I.P. Gary Gygax Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:06 pm

This past tuesday (March 4th 2008) Gary Gygax died in his home in wisconsin some of you may know his name and others may not but he was the game designer that basicly made the table top RPG dungeons and dragons.

Love it or hate it the game shaped our role playing culture all over the world and was the foundation for original RPG's such as final fantasy and dragon quest not to mention countless dungeon crawl style games on the early pc such as wizardry and bards tale to name a few.

It is my whole hearted belief that were it not for D&D and similar games that followed gaming would not be what it is today, no mmorpgs like WoW etc since most of these people that designed the games grew up playing table top or early games for the nintendo or PC.

The gaming world lost a great pioneer this week.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Gary Gygax Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gary Gygax   R.I.P. Gary Gygax Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:16 pm

RIP the original wizard....

[hats off salute]

-Kevin

(My lvl 20 Bard just had his heart broken...)(yes, I play D&D, til the day I die!)
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Gary Gygax Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gary Gygax   R.I.P. Gary Gygax Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm

One of my MANY webcomics came out with a special issue just for the big G himself. Order of the Stick is a D&D based webcomic, in case you guys didn't know

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Gary Gygax Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gary Gygax   R.I.P. Gary Gygax Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Gary Gygax
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epitome :: Off-Topic :: Other Stuff-
Jump to: